Provision for Cooker - Junction Box

Hi all

I have searched and googled but I'm struggling to find a serious junction box for my cooker cable. A single 6mm feed from the CU enters the kitchen loft on one side. I would like to split the feed in the loft and take a drop down the wall to a cooker point to feed an oven. A second run will go across the loft and down the far wall to feed the hob.

On the oven side (to cover all eventualities) I intend to feed a cooker point with an integral socket, then take the switched oven supply to a single fused spur via 6mm cable. At the moment, SWMBO wants a single oven which are usually either plug-in or hard wired to fused spur (so those options are covered). If she changes tack and wants a double oven I can replace fused spur with cable outlet and run 6mm from there to oven.

I don't fancy my chances at looping in and out of a cooker point. So, to provide feeds to the 2 locations I am looking for a serious junction box capable of easily taking 3-No 6mm cables. I have seen 45/60A JBs for extending large cables with 2 grubscrew clamps for each conductor, but can't find a suitably impressive 3 cable version. Has anyone got a source for such a thing?

Reply to
TheScullster

The 60A junction boxes are just what you need. There is more than enough space in them to take two 6mm cables at one end.

eg

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Try:

John Rumm

"John Rumm" wrote

Thanks Adam and John

I didn't appreciate that the cable entries on this type of JB would accept more than one cable.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

On the subject of cooker points, do I need a deeper back box to accommodate the 6mm cable? I am using 35mm for 2.5mm cable socket boxes

Thanks again

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

47mm is effectively mandatory due to the design of cooker cord outlets. 35mm for 2.5mm skt is fine, consider 25mm or 35mm for light re Grid & Dimmers.
Reply to
js.b1

I would not have a problem with 35mm deep back boxes for a 6mm supply.

Cheers

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

When the wires get thick and stiff, its easier if the terminals are mostly inline, rather than needing to do a 90 degree bend in the box from a side entrance.

Reply to
John Rumm