Protex Systems??

Hi there, I'm a complete DIY novice and would appreciate your opinions.

My sister needs to do a few repairs and repaint the exterior of he house. She's obtained a quote from a company called Protex System (based in Bo'ness, Scotland). She thinks the quote is quite reasonabl considering what needs to be done (a full valuation survey was done o the house within the last six months which indicated that the chimne needed work done, plus a few other things), but would like som reassurance about the company, as she found out about them from a flye that was put through the door, offerering a free survey/quote. I'v tried googling them, but not finding very much.

Has anyone dealt with them or got any opinions or advice?

Thanks,

Louis

-- Weez1

Reply to
Weez1

Is this the same company:

Protex Systems Kennell Kerse Grangemouth Road, Bo'ness Livingston EH51 0PU(Road Map) West Lothian Tel: 01506 823737 Fax: 01506 827276 Internet: URL not known

If it is, steer clear. They are supposed to be a franchise of a larger company, but they ain't. Do a search on companies house to find out more about them. If they aren't registered there, then they ain't a company to rely on, for sure.

Reply to
BigWallop

And these people are the same company:

Painting Contractor: Protex Systems Telephone: 01506 823737 Address: 189 Corbiehall, Bo'ness, EH51 0AX

But they trade from a house and small workshop. They also use cowboy builders, plumbers etc.

Reply to
BigWallop

Thanks for getting back to me. That does sound like the same company

I'll double check with my sister.

Thanks again,

Louis

-- Weez1

Reply to
Weez1

opinions.

reasonable

you didnt tell us what work, or what price. The wrong work is done quite often in situs like this.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Sorry, my sister didn't give me the full details of what needed done. She had a full survey done on the house (for valuation purposes) couple of months ago, which indicated work needing done to the roof for example, the chimney stack needs work, and there's work needing t be done above at least two of the windows.

Due to financial reasons, she didn't get the work done immediately, bu when Protex Systems put a flyer through her door she thought she migh as well get them to have a look and give a quote (yeah, I know, not th best way to pick a company!). They've now given her a quote (£4500) which is roughly the sort of price she was expecting, but it's still lot of money for someone in her position. As she'd never heard of the before, she asked me if I could check the company out on the Internet. I couldn't find anything that particularly reassures me, but I cam across this website, and hoped that somebody on here might have hear of them.

Sorry I can't be of more help, Louis

-- Weez1

Reply to
Weez1

(=A34500),

Internet.

well let us know if she can help you help her.

NT

Reply to
bigcat