Protection for base end of plinth required

I'm about to fit the plinths which were delivered with my new kitchen units (Wickes) and I'm looking for an edge protector where the plinth rests on the tiled floor. I've seen a soft plastic U shaped edging strip fitted to a kitchen in Spain and wondered if they were available in the UK. The plastic strip was U shaped and fitted tightly on to the 20mm thick chip board plinth, but the base of the U had an approx 10mm soft wing at right angles to the plinth and shaped to project into the room and to press down on an irregular surface e.g. tiles, a little bit like those under tile seals that is used on the edge of a bath. Sorry if my description is a bit garbled

Regards Don

Reply to
Donwill

Certainly kitchens from Howden's come with exactly this stuff - they're trade-only but as MFI are their sister company for the public I assume theirs come with it too. I expect they'll sell it as 'spares' if you ask - I've found MFI pretty good that way (eg I once wanted to buy a couple of cupboard handles to match those on some obsolete MFI units, and they obliged).

It's very good IMHO, mainly because it raises the melamine-coated chipboard off the floor by a few mm, so that if the floor is wet the liquid isn't instantly soaked up by the chipboard.

David

Reply to
Lobster

B&Q sell the stuff, I think it's made by homelux or one of the other manufacturers of tile trim.

Reply to
Andy Burns