protecting exterior hinges

Re: this timber garage / shed I am securing up, it has timber doors and exterior hinges and needs to open outwards (big doors and stuff inside etc). So I can bolt the hinges on instead of screw, but the hinges are still exposed and could be cut with a small rechargeable angle grinder etc. Well, I guess they can always get in if determined, but any general ideas to beef up security of such arrangements ? I guess I could add manual deadlock style bolts so even if the hinges are cut though, the doors stay in place. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Fit hinge bolts AKA dog bolts. They are simple metal studs that automatically engage in a hole in the frame as you close the door. The only thing to watch for with a double door is that you need to ensure that the two doors are joined rigidly, so that the hinge bolts cannot be disengaged simply by flexing the doors in or out. Something like the swivel padlock bar I have on my double gates, to help resist the effect of wind would probably be suitable. I can't find an image online. This is similar but mine has two U brackets that lock the two gates togther better.

Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

In article , Nightjar