protecting a cable jacket (e.g. with a bigger jacket). But where can I get one?

hi

protecting a cable jacket (e.g. with a bigger jacket). But where can I get one?

i'm looking to protect a cable from being trodden on. It has a weak jacket. I've seen some expensive cord covers , I don't want them. AC power cords are really strong.. And not too thick. A garden hose is a bit too big for the house. I'm thinking of putting the whole cable into a really thick cord like that. But where can I get one? I don't want to break a 4 way AC power adaptor !!

I am thinking of getting a - not sure what to call it - extension reel? One of those AC extension leads that rolls up. Where can I get one?

any other ideas or problems with that idea?

thanks

Reply to
jameshanley39

Should be something here:-

You're thinking of stripping the sheath off a mains flex and using that? Pretty difficult unless the length is short. You can by mains flex by the metre at any shed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

what do you mean? what kind of shop do you mean by a shed? / How would I find one?

My shed doesn't have it. And i'm not planning on knocking on evey door in the street asking them to give me mains cable or give me a price for it. So i'm guessing you refer to a type of shop. I'm hoping for a type of shop that will be usable in yellow pages or scoot or that kind of business search service. e.g.

.
Reply to
jameshanley39

On 14 Apr 2007 21:16:45 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk" mused:

I haven't a clue what you're on about.

Reply to
Lurch

What sort of cable? (Mains, speaker, phone, data....)

They're still not designed for being trodden on.

Tesco. B&Q. Argos. Homebase. Woolworths.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"shed" is a description of the larger aircraft-hangar like edge-of-town DIY emporia.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

the metre.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

are you asking because of diameter? i'd like to know what to do with the different situations, if it was a power cable vs if it was a data cable.. i'd like to know the ifs like that.. And it's good for the archives - surely.

It's an Ethernet cable / cat5e. Therefore- Data It has no power lines there, I think it's 8 wire, 4 aren't used, the remaining four are 2 twisted pairs, one for transmit one for receive.

no, only run over with a tractor

again

I even used the right term, a googlable term. So the product would come up ! That site also calls them Cord Covers, Cable Ramps, Cable Protectors , Wire Covers e.t.c.

But as I said, I don't want expensive cord covers.. This idea is much cheaper.

thanks, i'll give those a try

Reply to
jameshanley39

On 15 Apr 2007 15:00:57 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk" mused:

And there was me thinking it couldn't get any more vague and any mor einto complete bollocks by a troll territory.

Reply to
Lurch

Anybody can write what you wrote in response to any post. You're a troll. What you wrote is rubbish e.t.c.

You said that you can't figure out what i'm on about.

If in all your thinking you can't figure out what i'm asking, and you can't even put your finger on what it is you don't understand of what I wrote, then maybe you should stop thinking. It doesn't seem to be doing you or anybody else any good.

Thankfully, everybody here has understood me.

Somebody even defined the word shed for this context - which was also something I was asking. I'm sorry if all this passes you by. I can't do anything about that.

An ignoramous - an extreme case of somebody lacking information, can be provided with information. But an illogical person, a person that doesn't even understand what he doesn't understand, a person that says something is rubbish but is unable to say why, or say anything of use, then just repeats his lines in different guises, that person is about as useful as an elephant in a small office. Or a worm in a restaurant. You're like one that doesn't know how to ask, but you're on the other side of the fence. You don't know how to answer. You don't even know what it is that you don't know.. Your guage for not knowing, is you read it and - for reasons unknown to you - it doesn't click.

Reply to
jameshanley39

Did you check out the URL I gave you which supplies all the common sorts of cable protectors in small quantities? And is it what you want?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On 15 Apr 2007 21:26:00 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk" mused:

I asked you to clarify what you wanted, which I don't believe you did.

Nope, still doesn't appear to be any usable content.

Reply to
Lurch

well, I wanted to know possible solutions.

The stuff on that link looks like a great solution,

I was also told by another, many possible places that he thinks I can get an AC extension reel. Also great.

So what you and everybody minus 1 who accused me of trolling, posted, is exactly what I wanted!!

thanks

Reply to
jameshanley39

On 16 Apr 2007 04:12:16 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk" mused:

To be fair, I will retract my accusation of you being a troll as you returned to add more confusion, which a good troll wouldn't do. ;)

Reply to
Lurch