proper ratchet screwdriver

no control - jumps out of screw and ruins work.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

Lock the pump bit then. Still a whopping ratchet driver

Reply to
stuart noble

OK, nothing I didn't know about. Thanks.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Pump action screwdrivers were very common in TV etc set construction. When the BBC changed from slotted to Pozidriv screws in the '60s, accidental injury from these screwdrivers dropped by 80%.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I certainly bought mine for scenery building - at university.

Reply to
charles

I use my screwdrivers as much for undoing screws as doing them up. Yankee is no good for undoing.

Reply to
Geoff Pearson

Versatile aren't they? :-)

Reply to