Proof, if proof were needed....

... that you can't fix a 1200mm x 600mm double radiator to a plasterboard wall with 4 Easi Drive screw in fixings...

if you have two goes;

on the wall for over two years apparently - can't imagine how.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Dave,

Those things are totally useless for plasterboard fixings.

As an experiment and just after those things were marketed (and after some persuasion from a friendly supplier who gave me some to try), I used two to fix a bog-roll holder to a paramount partition - and they couldn't even hold that on for more than a fortnight - the remainder (198 of them) went straight into the rubbish bin.

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

They can if you were to put some of the strain on the end feed pipes ie secure the pipes to a solid area and the end feeds act as two legs supporting some of the weight.

Using butterfly bolts is a last resort although even these are pulling on the plasterboard from the back.

Reply to
George

Horses for courses. I use them a lot for fixing things like small pictures & mirrors - typically where only one fixing is required and no great weight or stress is involved. For that they are great, fast, easy & cheap. Not for rads though :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Dave,

I don't even use them for that - especially when you try to remove the fixing screw and the whole thing moves!

Whilst I have not used them since my first experience of the things, I have seen and repaired the damage that they can do to plasterboard - even on light-weight fittings and I personally tend to use the cavity toggle fixings whenever I can (but even they can cause the odd problems now and again).

Tanner-'op

Reply to
Tanner-'op

You sound like a cowboy! Have you ever been on Homes From Hell ? I wouldn't go telling everyone about shoddy workmanship if you want business.

Reply to
kcr

I don't think it was Dave who installed them in the first place. He was presumably being asked to repair it after it fell off.

Reply to
John Rumm

You new here?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Correct :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Which bit of "Been on the wall for over two years apparently - can't imagine how" wasn't clear?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , kcr writes

Looks like you didn't get the gist of his post like everyone else did

Reply to
geoff