Programmable roomstats

I'm thinking of fitting a programmable roomstat. Does anyone have any particular recommendations of models or makes?

I'm drawn to a Drayton Digistat 3i with Self-Adaptive Optimum Start

in a gimmicky kind of way. Does anyone have good or bad experiences with this model? Is it a bit of a 'boys toy', or does it make a difference?

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Hi,

I have a honeywell cm-76 RF which is also optimum start. It's fantastic, a doddle to fit,and the programming of it is simple. It almost always has the house warm just as we are getting up, it's rare that the boiler is going by the time im making my first cuppa!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

It is quite in your face, though. I prefer something as discreet as I can find, personally.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Made by Danfoss, lots more programable stats have come onto the market since I looked at them. At that time there was very little choice, almost only the Honeywell and Danfoss models.

Optimum start is really good, this old place cools out quite well overnight and needs a good 90 mins to get from 15 to 20C. It would be silly in the warmer months having the heating come on 90 mins before it was really needed, optimum start takes care of that.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I'm getting to sound like a broken record - but my favourite is the Horstmann Centaur Stat 7 (S/fix 12157). This is still somewhat OTT with 6 temperatures a day and every day different (if you wish).

Reply to
Ed Sirett