profiled concrete tiles and gable end detail ?

What is the usual method of detailing the gable end when using deeply profiled interlocking tiles? At the gable end will the the high part of the profile (sensible to reduce side run-off), but this leaves a large vertical gap between the tile battens and undercloaking to fill, as you usually see, with a mortar fillet. I would like an overhang at the gable, and a decorative bargeboard etc, but wish to avoid a huge mortar fillet (much bigger than when using plain tiles). I have seen the dry verge systems on paper but not sure how they look in practice - I imagine not good ! The local houses I could look at for an example all use plain tiles. Interlocking are required for the low pitch specified. Any ideas? I've never done such a roof before ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Try a search on your tile manufacturers site. Marley do a "cloak verge" for some of their tiles and "dry verge" fittings for their flat ones.

Pete

Reply to
PeterK

Interesting. Found a PDF for cloaked verge them (redland regent). Look good, but I think I wanted more of an overhang. Wonder if you could use them on the edge of an overhang, instead of a barge board ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Use on the edge of any overhang, with a barge board. Beware using verge cloaking tiles though - you will have to be accurate with your sizes/laying out in order that they coincide with the edge of the roof.....

Reply to
Phil

Use cloaking tiles and a barge board you say ? How would they be used together ? Tall bargeboard tucked under the cloaking tiles ?

The tiles have to be layed from right to left, and luckily I have a gable on that side only, so it should be easy to line up ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson