Profile copying

Whats the easiest way to transfer the profile of a wall to a plasterboard edge?
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:39:39 -0000, "Richard 3rd"

The easiest method I ever saw consisted of butting up the plasterboard to the wall, ensuring it was vertical.
Then a pencil was passed through the centre on a thread bobbin. The bobbin was pressed against the wall and slowly dragged down while the pencil transferred the imperfections onto the plasterboard sheet.
A compass can be used in a similar fashion if the gaps are too big.
Paul Mc Cann

Like the thread bobbin method - cheap!
Incidentally, Axminster sell a really good pair of dividers for this purpose - they're about 8" long and solidly built, with a locking screw so that they don't move at all during the scribing operation.
I got sick of my old pair moving about mid-scribe...
-- Richard Sampson

Why do you want to? If you are building a stud partition which is going to be skimmed and which meets an existing wall, the plasterboard doesn't have to meet exactly - the plaster will fill the gap.
Roger