Professionaly-done bath-to-shower conversion - roughly how much?

Yes, that's an excellent suggestion. Since the bath is fitted exactly between two walls (on the ends) and up against a third (on the rear long side) then a fixed screen on the "access" side, say half the length of the original bath, should prevent really bad splashing outside the confines of the base, I think. Thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

I took the time to make a reply to this post, and help in any way I could. You threw a hissy fit as others have pointed out instead of just replying, 'thanks phil, there's 5m2 of tiling and the room is ? X ?', but no, you had to have a pop at the 'tone' of someone who was trying to help you

OK, I assumed they were white when you said they were plain 6X6, but this is irrelevant.

Scrap metal has value, scrap plastic has none.

Reply to
Phil L

You should consider consulting your relatives Local Authority. They should have someone (or be able to recommend someone) who can assess needs and suggest the best possible solution(s), and possibly installers. There may also be grants available to help

malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

As long as it physically goes out the door etc, then its usually possible to carry a cast iron bath out with two people.

Reply to
John Rumm

For clarification, I read the brief as "add enough tiles to do a shower enclosure - perhaps extending from an existing splash-back" - so probably under 3m^2, and for floor, adding some similar vinyl to patch where the bath had been - so bath sized or perhaps relaying half a room etc.

Possibly not cheaper, but the finish will certainly be better.

Reply to
John Rumm

I love my wet room. The easiest thing to keep clean, the entire room gets washed down at least once a day.

Reply to
djc

You can combine that approach with the wet-room idea. The screen prevents the whole room being drenched, while draining the whole floor means a less confined shower area.

Reply to
djc

Nope, cheaper too if it were mine because i would rip everything out, clad the walls with plastic, tile the floor and make it a wet room.

PVC = £200 Floor tiles = £200 Plumbing and bits = £200

I wouldn't be paying for labour though, but even if I were, I can't see that it would come to a grand...total = £1600

Reply to
Phil L

They (my relatives) are about to do exactly that. Thanks for the thought.

Reply to
Bert Coules

Would the floor not need reshaping, and possibly tanking as well for a wet room?

Reply to
John Rumm

put a cubicle around the bog, shower on the wall behind the bog, and a mirror mounted in front of the toilet,

then they can shit, shower and shave at the same time, saving no end of time each morning :)

Reply to
Gazz

Analyse what is recommended - my last girl friend had her bathroom modded via her LA and most of it is in the wrong place and in some cases unuseable. She isn't capable of supervising the work.

Reply to
PeterC

That's sound advice; thanks.

Reply to
Bert Coules

This is getting more Wallace and Gromit every moment!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

All you need now is some waterproof loo roll!

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah - "Post Office" issue, circa 1980.

Reply to
Tim Watts

'Bronco'?!?

J.

Reply to
Another John

Pah, easy one. About thirty quid to you, squire.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The Shitower has been noted and approved already.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

integrate the bog and the shower, so you can crouch and get the business done in a totally natural 'childbirth way' and then get blasted with nozzles from every direction to clean up the mess afterwards.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher