problems with new thermostatic shower fitting

I've just installed a new thermostatic shower fitting which is connected to a combi feed and mains cold. The water comming out is cold. Is there a way to adjust the inlet preasure for the cold water or could it be I have a dodgy thermostat?

Reply to
kd

Stupid question, but you have connected this shower with the hoy and cold water the right way around? I'm not too hot on shower technology but if I were to gues I would say that the hot and cold inlets are not interchangeable.

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

The other thing is that for a combi or multipoint, you need a thermostatic shower designed for full cold pressure, and very wide ranging hot pressure. Often this is a special model in a manufacturer's range. When I bought my Gainsburough some 4 or so years ago, their thermostatic showers came in 3 types; both high pressure, both low pressure, and high pressure cold with variable pressure hot, only the last of which was suitable for combi/multipoint use. (Two of them were easily converted from one to the other by changing a part, but the third wasn't.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel