Problems with a whirlpool S20E fridge/freezer

This thing is still working but the temperature displays have started winking at about 1 wink/second and with an associated tick noise. It's about 8 years old. Any suggestions for what might be going wrong, and for how to get into the electronics compartment?

Reply to
unknown

With respects. If you don't even know how to access the pcb you will stand no chance of repairing it. Tiss time to call in the repair man. Sorry ......

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I have no doubts about my ability to repair this but someone who has already found their way in to one will be able to save me a lot of time looking for whatever strange fixings have been used. A link to a diagram would be useful too. The "repair man" will need to look elsewhere for income, I'm afraid.

Reply to
unknown

The pcb panel will probably just prise off using a sharp kitchen knife. Look for the inconspicuous joint. I suspect that it may be trying to tell you something. Are your temperatures okay?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Lots of speedy and pertinent help at