problem with two gas ovens in range cooker

Hi

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas on this ? We have a Stoves Newhome Gas Range Cooker (model R1104 Ga). We bought it in 1998, probably used it no more that 5 times a year until 2004 and since then have used it daily.

Today it seriously burnt the food in the top left oven. Just as well I was here to pull it out ! What had happened was that the flame kept roaring, it didn't go to temperature and die back down like usual. So I tested the bottom right oven and that too has a roaring flame that won't go to temperature and die down. (The rings and grill work as usual).

It seems really odd to me that both ovens have gone wrong together ! Is this to be expected ? Does anyone have any ideas on what's wrong with them ?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Val

Reply to
news

Thermocouple dead

Reply to
RW

In message , RW writes

Thanks. Beyond us then ! Will call Stoves ...

Val

Reply to
news