Problem with softwood threshold

I have frenchwindows with a softwood threshold. This receives an enormous amount of damage from people standing on it. Before replacing the whole frame, I thought a metal strip to protect it might be the answer but I cannot find one.

Has anyone any recommendations?

Thanks

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Have you looked on the Wickes site? They do a range of galvanised steel or aluminium flat bars or L section although they seem to be hidden away in the fire door section! eg:

The larger B and Q store also do both flat and angle aluminium and steel.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

Bit of zinc or copper sheet hammered round? Or stainless steel checequer plate.

Pretty sure B&Q sell some of those in small sheet sizes. I've seen zinc used this way.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Halfway decent softwood can easily withstand humans standing on it, until it starts to rot.......

Reply to
stuart noble

Trouble is it's not people standing still on it, it's people scuffing it as they step on and off.

Reply to
Clive George

I've used the Wickes ally checker plate angle for exactly that job.

Reply to
David Lang

In message , Jonathan writes

aluminium chequer plate?

eg

There are places that will sell it cut to size

Reply to
Chris French

Hardwood. Mine are >60 yeras old, some are a bit worn but no serious damage.

Reply to
PeterC

Thanks that looks the biz,

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

I found this site which cuts to size at a reasonable price:

Thanks for your help, it's now ordered.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

For my front door I used copper sheet strip purchased from eBay. Now it's weathered it looks great.

Reply to
Vortex13