Problem with lining paper joins

About 6 months ago I lined the walls of our spare bedroom with lining paper and painted with matt emulsion. After a few weeks I noticed the joins between the paper on one of the interior walls (partition type) were opening up. I duly filled them and repainted. However, they keep reappearing. Every 4 weeks or so I have to fill and paint. The gaps are only about 1/2 mm, but are very noticeable. Any ideas what is going on and how to stop the gaps opening up?
Thanks
Andrew

The natural expansion in the wall might be the cause. When the house cools at night with the heating off, everything shrinks and when the house heats up again it all expands.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Andrew Barnes wrote in message

opening
Is this gaps increasing or just the edges of the paper lifting? Probably difficult to tell at sub 1mm but I'd suggest lifting the paper gently with a scraper, and using a pva glue. Use a fine abrasive to get rid of the previous filler and try again, preferably with a fine surface filler.

paper
Every
but
No problem with the adhesive, edges aren't lifting, just the gaps.
Think i'll wait till they get big & fill!
Cheers

I have a similar problem in the living room, where wallpaper will "part" even though it was first put up correctly. There is some sort of nasty green paint (war era) which I suspect is to blame, and i`ve heard other people mention having the same sort of problem with it.
"Andrew Barnes" wrote

Don't use lining paper ?
My walls were pretty rough with some dodgy 50's paint on them, but after a session of painting & filling X 2 and a final touch up, no lining paper needed.
Cheers,
Paul.

blame, and i`ve heard other people mention having the same sort of problem with it.<

Yep it is the dodgy paint/varnish 1940s whatever old coating was already on the walls that you have papered over I spent THREE days scrapping the c*** of kitchen walls to ensure when i papered the joins would not move apart. Was almost tempted to just artex walls :-)
On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:19:18 -0000, "gamemaniak"

oh i know that horrible stuff very well, i scraped it also, although i used a shovel and went down to bare bricks to ensure thorough removal ;)