Problem with 'digital terrestrial (TV) receiver

You mean off the band completely in some cases..

I had a helluva job getting a log periodic, but I do like it..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And don't forget, a sub micron gold plating on your eyeballs will reduce reflections and give you a sharper picture of the whole world.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher wrote in news:j29fo8$jof$10 @news.albasani.net:

How do I determine if it is in fact the arial that is the culprit? Are there any tests I can do without any fancy equipment?

Al

Reply to
AL_n

well take the whole lot to a friend who HAS got good reception?

thats a way.

Many STBS and TVS will tell you what signal strength and quality is, on what you CAN get, and if that's poor..well then.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

To check the aerial, you need a signal strength meter, a multimeter, and a couple of other bits and pieces. You're as likely to be able to see the fault if you climb up to the aerial and open the junction box anyway, which you really need to do to check the connections, and while you're up there......

To check the box, take it to somewhere you know has a good aerial and plug it in. If it works correctly, you know where the problem's likely to lie. If you then put an attenuator between the box and the good aerial, and the problem comes back, that will confirm it.

Reply to
John Williamson

John Williamson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Makes sense! many thanks.