Problem with Creda Ecodry tumble drier...

Hi,
I've got a Creda Ecodry tumble drier. A couple of days ago it started to trip the RCD - I've cleaned it out of all the fluff from the last few years, but as soo as I turn it on, the drum (which freely rotates), turns about 15 degrees and then the trip goes... I should point out there is a good flash from the cam switch when its turned on, but no obvious signs of blackening etc,,,
All the nasty fluff round the switches and electrics has now gone...
Any ideas? (apart from scrapping it). White goods are not my speciality ;-(
Mike

More on this - using a 1000V mega (altek digital thingy), I get the following:
With switch "on": L-N low L-E 22K N-E 26K
With switch "off": L-N 1Mohm L-E 1Mohm N-E 26K
Help!
Mike
Mike Deblis wrote:

Those valuse should not be enough to trip a 30mA RCD. However, the leakage could be greater under mains voltage. If there are no replaceable input filters that could have gone leaky then maybe the heater insulation is going and the best thing would be not to use it .... thats what the RCD is for ...

What am I missing ?
He isn`t using a cheapo continuity tester, he`s using a 1000V megger

Check around the heater elements for any fluff or damage where it might be coming into contact with, or very close to, the casing. Also check that the motor hasn't become full of fluff and is shorting over to earth or neutral.

the
neutral.
How do you get to the motor on these things - I had to remove about 30 screws to get the back and front off, and still couldn;t see the motor...
The filaments seem OK-ish - no sag etc.
Mike