problem with combi boiler

I have a ferroli optima 701 combi boiler. None of the radiators have bleeding nipples. All of the radiators have thermostats except 1. It is this radiator I am having a problem with.. when the system is running, all the radiators are hot except the one without the thermostat. It is hot at the bottom, but cold at the top. This makes me think there is an air bubble trapped in this radiator, but how do you get it out without a bleeding nipple?

Reply to
reelynotme

=============================== Look on the inner flat surface of the radiator for a bleed nipple. It may be covered with a small plastic domed cover.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Look harder! The rads must have some means to bleed them - it would be impossible to fill them with water otherwise.

Reply to
Martin Pentreath

Amazing how the OP thinks the make of the Boiler has some factor in this.

Reply to
John

Please give him some slack, it is a Ferroli after all !!

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

Had a bad night! Sorry.

Educate me - what is wrong with a Ferroli (other than you are led to believe your radiators are unique) - trying to build a short list for the dreaded time I need a replacement boiler.

Reply to
John

Given the waste of bandwidth we usually have where the first reply is "Make & Model please?" this is a fault I can live with.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

There is nothing especially Ferrolli about the radiators you have, they could have been fitted to any of hundred of boilers. The radiators are roll top type with a concealed bleed points.

The boiler is a Ferroli neither the best nor the worst make. My subjective perception is that it is mid-market. They have the big advantage that they don't have a divertor valve. At that point in the market designs with troublesome diverter valve are plentiful.

Reply to
Ed Sirett