Problem with boiler pressure and air in the system

Hi,

I have a combi CH system. For the past couple of month, I have been loosing pressure. I called British Gas and they said the likely cause is a leak in the pipe work. Since I can't see any water leaks, if there is a leak, it must be under the floor boards (since I have solid wood floors downstatirs, I can't lift the floor boards). They put a chemical to seal the leak but that didn't make any difference.

Recently I have also noticed that one of the upstatirs radiators gets a lot of air. As a result, only part of the radiator gets hot. When I let the air out, the other half of the radiator gets warm, but the boiler pressure drops.

Any ideas as to how I can isolate the problem (without taking the floor boards out). The boiler is fairly new (about 2 years) so it is unlikely there is a problem with the boiler.

Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Newsposter

Sounds like the pipework is still gassing.

Mine did this for a couple of years too.

I should have put fernox in it really.

Just bleed and repressurise as needed. It gets less and less frequent. I seem to need a cupful of water once a year in a very big system, now.

Purist will say 'drain flush and refill with inhibitor'. They are probably right.

You may have a really really small leak - the sort you will never find. Thats why mine gets refilled with hard water. Eventually it will scale up and stop.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for that. Since I have BG 3* cover, would they flush the system free of charge or do I need to do that my self?.

Reply to
Newsposter

Back ground info in the SealedCH FAQ.

Reply to