Problem with Baxi NG 25/60 boiler

Hi, I have a Baxi NG boiler that is not firing. None of the fault LEDs are lighting but the power on LED is. I checked the external controls and they are all ok and are sending a power signal to the boiler. As the system is not attempting to fire I assume there is either a reset button to be pressed (but I would expect one of the LEDs to indicate a fault) or the internal PCB is faulty. There is no apparent damage on the board ie burnt components. Any ideas?

Regards --- Pat Egan

Reply to
lindale

Thermostat not turned up?

Reply to
Ed Sirett

Thanks for the reply Ed, Do you mean the stat on the boiler itself? This is turned up ok, but the burner is acting as if it is not calling for heat. As this is NOT a combi, I am not able to determine if is the boiler controls (which I suspect) or if there is something else wrong. Is there any circuit I can "jump" that will send a signal to the boiler to light up or is there a trouble shooting flowchart I could follow. I tried the Baxi web site but I could not find any tech info. Regards --- Pat

Reply to
lindale

I've looked in my stock of manuals, this model is not there. I'm surprised it does not have a model name. Like Solo 2 or Solo 3. The NG probably refers to Natural Gas (cf LPG) the 25/60 means it about 8-18kW (manually adjustable range rated or modulating). The fact that it has leds /lights means it is not a very old unit. Something like a Solo would be plausible.

Most boilers are fired because 230V is fed into a terminal marked S/L or Demand. In the case of old boilers the only live input terminal causes them to operate. The alternative/newer method is that a pair of terminals is joined externally, the wiring may or may not be at 230V in this case.

Given that the boiler is looking like the external controls are not calling for heat this would be the first thing to try.

Reply to
Ed Sirett