Problem with Bath/Shower mixer

I have a problem with the Bath/Shower mixer taps in both my ensuite and main bathroom. These are 4 years old, fitted to a new house by Westbury.

They are both the same model and look something like this

but instead of a lever to switch between bath and shower, they have (difficult to describe this) a ring round the shower outlet part which you are supposed to push down to switch to shower. This feels to have some sort of spring inside it, and it reverts automatically to bath when the water is turned off.

They are now both spontaneously switching to the shower setting as soon as the water is turned on, and will not stay on bath setting when reset manually.

Anyone got any idea what is going on here?

thanks in advance Martin

Reply to
Martin Durkin