problem with an aquatream aqualisa shower

I moved into my house a year ago. The shower was already here, it's an aquastream aqualisa and it worked just fine. I don't know the difference between a power shower and an 'electric shower', all I know about this one is that it has 2 dials, one for flow and one for temp. Anyway, recently the temperature has been falling, after the shower has been running for a few minutes the water gradually gets colder and colder.

I know that it's electric and so the next bit is probably just a coincidence but it seemed to start acting funny the day after the engineers left after installing a new oil-fired central heating boiler. I can't see how there could be a connection but the coincidence is a bit intriguing.

On the spare-parts website I could buy a thermostatic cartridge or a thermostatic transformer - which is it likely to be? if either of them?

Any advice at all would be very much apreciated - cheers

Reply to
scrutti