Problem diverter valva

I have a Europa 24 combi boiler (made by Ideal) and recently noticed a leak which was getting progressively worse. On inspection the diverter valve was the culprit. The main valve body was leaking, not just the head, so I ordered a new part and fitted it. It is a mechanical valve with no microswitches/voltage etc. The job was fairly straightforward barring a few accessability issues, the system was drained, valve isolated and removed, new valve in, then system recharged and air bled. Unfortunately now the CH system will not operate for more than

20 secs. DHW is fine, but switch to CH and water temp shoots up to 80 deg (cut off point). The pump runs fine so it looks like the water from the heater to the div valve is all that's being heated (hence high temp). Is there any way to free a stuck diverter valve - I'm sure this is the problem. Sorry it's long-winded but the more info the better I say.
Reply to
franky