problem bath tap washer replacement - odd size/fit

I cannot find replacements for a "special" bath (and sink) tap washers. I do not know the manufacturer of the taps (its not on them anywhere, I was not the installer).

The washer is a variant of the 3/4 inch washer size but on the side that interfaces with the base of the tap is slightly (and crucially) bigger.

The tap jumper consists of a little shallow pan holder that the washer sits in (fixed with a screw) and sits on the edge of the sides. The washer is irregular in that it has an instep so the side that fits in its holder is

3/4 inch and the side that sits outside is slightly bigger by about 1/16 of an inch. Therefore the trick of turning over an old washer can't be done.

I have tried using various standard 3/4 inch washers (which sit in the little pan) but the tap always drips and so is no good. Therefore I think the overhang matters.

Any ideas? Regards, Roy

Reply to
Roy

My procedure for fixing a leaky washer is:

  1. Remove tap.
  2. Buy proper 1/4 turn ceramic cartridge tap at B&Q.
  3. Install new tap.
  4. Deposit old tap in metal recycling bin.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work if the house is rented, or the taps are particularly unusual.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I dunno. I totally rebuilt the kitchen in my rented cottage. Landlord was happy enough to get a free decent kitchen when I finally moved out.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm sure they'd be delighted. I'm just not sure it is worth the effort/expense unless you have something more than a 6 month shorthold tenancy.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle