Probe type cylinder thermostat?

Following on from my request for any info about the SmartLine SLE hot water cylinder, I have now purchased an "Albion Superduty Cisternflow" cylinder (it has a triple large coil inside for fast recovery) (The SmartLine was WAAAAY to expencive!)

It appears to have a 1/2" BSP hole near the bottom (same height as the cold feed in) which, looking at the diagram, is for a probe thermostat. - Now all the thermostats I can find are strap on, as is the one I have at the moment - where can I get a probe type, with a 1/2" male thread on, with changeover contacts?

The blurb in the manual tells me they recommend a probe type thermostat, for a fast response to the temperature change - however, I can't seem to find anywhere that sells them!

any pointers would be appreciated!

Toby...

Reply to
Toby

I have an Albion mainsflow cylinder, which came with a probe type thermostat as part of the bundle.

Manufacturer, Danfoss. Model ITC-100.

See:

dom

Toby wibbled on Wednesday 13 January 2010 17:51

I bought mine from

L6118

IIRC, (I haven't used them yet) they include the "dry well" sensor pocket which is basically a sealed metal tube with the 1/2" thread on one end. It allows the thermostat to be removed leaving a dry pipe behind. They can be bought separately if you just want to shove a thermistor or something down the hole.

Reply to
Tim W

Thanks for the replies, I found one at BES in the end - all fitted and working perfectly!

The Albion Superduty cylinder seems to be doing the business - heats far quicker than the old one with a double turn of 28mm inside!

The probe thermostat is also a lot better then the old strap on one, reacts far, far quicker to water being drawn off, so the boiler can get to reheating it much faster.

Of course, all the connections to the new cylinder were a different size, however, all but one was in the same position, so that wasn't too bad.

Toby...

Reply to
Toby