Printer has failed - replacement ?

I'd second that. I gave up with inkjets a few years ago because of the constant need to run clean cycles and wasting loads of ink in the process. Went for a network attached duplex HP colour laser, which works every time after being unused for a while. I use 'photobox' online when I need photo prints - cheap and next-day service.

Reply to
Alan Deane

Have you tried two shorter cables, with a USB hub in the middle? Or there are 'range extender' USB cables where the hub is integrated. I have a 7m cable here - 5m cable with builtin hub, then 2m cable. It works fine (on a USB hard drive).

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

I take a CD down to the photo processing shop and get real photos made up.

After magicking them with photoshop a bit..;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'd second that. I gave up with inkjets a few years ago because of the constant need to run clean cycles and wasting loads of ink in the process. Went for a network attached duplex HP colour laser, which works every time after being unused for a while. I use 'photobox' online when I need photo prints - cheap and next-day service.

Reply to
AlanD

Couldn't agree more with all of that.

I threw my last inkjet out of my study window.

Reply to
Huge

Laser is better for low usage. The cartridge won't be dried out when you come back to it.

Reply to
Andy Dingley