"Primeline Fan"

I've got two "Primeline" humidistat extarctor fans. Can anyone confirm that they are made by Manrose? I've tried contacting them but to no avail.

I think the brushes on both have worn out, does anyone know of a decent site/company in the uk that can supply spares?

TIA Graham

Reply to
Graham.mead

I'd be surprised if an extractor fan had brushes. They're usually an induction motor.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah.

The reason I thought it could be brushes was because they were both installed at the same time, and are used daily to relieve a condensation problem.

Both failed within 2 weeks of each other and when on just hum merrily and struggle to turn. I thought this could be due to the brushes wearing down and losing contact.

I'll have to take one apart and have a butchers coz I can't think of another reason at the moment.

Reply to
Graham.mead

Can you turn them freely by hand when off? If not I'd suspect bearing problems - possibly solved by lubricating.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Unlikely to be the brushes, as the fans are usually shaded pole AC induction motors.

Sounds more like th bearings need cleaning and lubricating. Often best made an annual maintenence job.

See above.

Reply to
<me9

Reply to
hammy1967

Thanks for the suggestions on the bearings, I'm going to operate on one of them tonight.

Not sure if they turn by hand till I do this.

Reply to
Graham.mead