Primatic to Combination

Hi group,

Not knowing anything about CH I have a quick question, I recently moved into an old house which seems to have an old primatic boiler with pump and a Marathon open flue floor standing boiler.

This isnt the most efficient beast in the world, and was wondering wheter its possible to convert this system to a more modern combination type boiler without ripping the whole lot out?

Is this something that can be tackled fairly cheaply?

Cheers

Russ.

---------------------------------------------- Posted with NewsLeecher v2.0 RC2 * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy *

Eunos

I think you mean cylinder.

Yes. Get your self a high flow condensing combi. Look at the Worcester Bosch Greenstar 40kW (wall mounted) or Highflow (floor mounted stadard washing machine sized) or an Alpha cd50 (wall mounted. All give good to excellent flow rates.

There are RR types of boilers like Eco-Hometec and Viessmann, expensive though.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

In message , Eunos writes

I've gone from a primatic to a combi and it wasn't a problem (apart not doing it myself, which is a long tale) it should cost about the same as any other boiler replacement.

Reply to
bof