Prices in sheds

Has anyone else noticed the increasing price gap between the sheds like Wickes and B&Q compared to Screwfix & Toolstation?

The online guys have always been cheaper, but the gap seems to be getting bigger.

A few things I've looked at in the last week or so;

8 x 100 hammer fixings - £8 approx for 20 in sheds, £7.50 for 100 online.

London shelf brackets £1.09 in Wickes, 58p from Screwfix.

16w DD lamps £5.99 in B&Q, £1.70 from TLC.

Flexible tap connectors 95p from Toolstation, £4.11 in Wickes.

Not complaining because I buy online & charge out at Wickes prices, so my margin is getting better.

Don't mind paying a little more for retail shopping, but when stuff is 4 times the price its worth shopping around.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I use Toolstation as my first choice over-the-counter anyway.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Yet the other day I noticed that B&Q sell 15mm speedfit elbows for £2.55 each, or a pack of 10 for £11.??, the latter is the same price as Screwfix. I guess the majority of B&Q customers buy them individually.

Reply to
Vernon