Prices

Hi I am trying to find out the cheaper home heating fuel, oil or gas. While it is easy to find the cost of gas per kw I cannot find a kw price for oil. Hoping someone can help. Many thanks.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I don't know the figure but a relative of mine recently found he had to replace his oil-fired boiler. There was now gas in the road and it didn't take him long to calculate it was far cheaper to have gas run into the house and have a new gas boiler instead of oil. The amortised higher cost of the oil boiler was a significant factor ....

Reply to
BillR

If it is a new installation then you need to take into account the cost of the oil tank.

Reply to
Harry Ziman

Its about 3.2p from memory.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My recollection is that gas was slightly cheaper...something like 3p gas, 3.2p oil and 6p electricity.

There are figures for BTU per liter, from whence it can all be worked out..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher