Price of domestic gas in London?

Hi all, I can't make head or tail of the figures in the latest gas bill.

I want to calculate an interim bill so my flat mate and I can work out our share.

I live in North East London. Does anyone know what the current price of gas is (prefereably measured in "units" which is what my meter reads in)?

Reply to
Jace Spence

Look on the back of the bill. There's an account of the calculation there - for all the bills I've ever seen. Basically the 'units' are cubic feet or cubic metres (depending on the age of the meter). The calculation converts that to kilowatt-hours - which is what gas is priced in.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In message , Jace Spence writes

Your gas bill tells you the price you pay for gas.

Gas isn't priced in units, because things such as the calorific value of the gas can vary slightly (AIUI)- it is priced in kWh, and that is calculated as explained on the back of the bill.

However, if you just want a 'near enough' figure just take the amount of your last bill (well the fuel consumed part inc. vat, not the standing charge) and divide it by the number of units, bingo, price per unit

Reply to
chris French