Price for plate heat exchanger and flow switch?

Anyone know where I can get a 50-100kW plate heat exhanger and flow switch suitable for diy-ing (natch :-) a thermal store heat exchanger system at a reasonable (i.e. low) price? DPS want about 100 for the heat x, 30 for the switch, + VAT. Anywhere I could get a better price?

Reply to
john.stumbles

Heat exchangers are made by GEA. Try calling them and asking for distributors.

GEA Ecoflex United Kingdom Ltd. Unit 15 Dinnington, York House Building 2, Unit 8 - Waterside Business Park Redwall Close GB-S25 3QA Dinnington, Sheffield United Kingdom

Tel: +44 1909 55 11 07

Reply to
Andy Hall

Flow switches: A selection at Hawco

but have a £75 min order. Try RS:
switches from Farnell: FS-05 (3A contacts) 3/4" BSP - £16 FS-01 (3A contacts) 22mm compression £31.92. Twice the price for compression joints.

Data sheets:

Doctor Drivel

Try SWEP for the heat exchanger; only got commercial ones from them, I don't know if they'd do a small order.

Reply to
Aidan

Try the on-line boiler spares sites. A couple of cheap combi plate heat exchangers in parallel will probably do, and may work out far cheaper as well.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Hmmmn. On my planet the words 'boiler spares' and 'cheap' are invariably accompanied by the word 'not'. Do you know soemwhere I can get two plate heat exchangers for less than 100 of our Earth pounds?

Reply to
john.stumbles

Reply to
john.stumbles

You forgot to mention your ability as an artist.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thank you...a great painter too.

Reply to