Prestige Aluminium pressure cooker query

Hi folks,

I have a Prestige Hi-dome Aluminium pressure cooker which has done a good few years sterling service. Recently I noticed the component which supports the weight set (called I believe the weight support!) was slack. I took it apart before I tightened it and noticed what appeared to be the flattened remnants of an o-ring (on the outside of the pressure cooker) between it and the top of the dome.

I have tightened it up again and all seems well but I assume this o-ring has worn out and requires replacement. I can't find this part listed anywhere on the net (please note I'm NOT referring to the gasket for the lid seal). Does it have to be a special o-ring to resist the heat/steam/pressure, or can I use one from one of my many tubs of "useful things I never threw out in the hope of finding a use for one day" :-)

Thanks for any help,

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Robb

Standard O ring should be fine or if you don't have the right size ( I never seem to despite hoarding the damn things) the some ptfe tape will be fine and food safe too!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

I have had a look at my Tower Pr Cooker and it has a small fibre washer( reddish in colour) under the weights support .The other two valves on top also have the same .No "O Rings" in sight . Are you sure it's not the remains of a black fibre washer that you saw ?

Try asking the Manfrs .They have a form on the site for enquiries and possibly there is a 'phone number as well.

NOSPAMnet

pressure. (IMHO)

Reply to
John

Meyer, but it bounced back for some reason so will phone them and post the answer up here in case anyone has the same query in the future.

Reply to
Nigel Robb