Pressure Washers

Thinking of getting one at long last after using one to clean my patio and appreciating the improvement.

I am concerned about storage - as I understand the pump will be damaged it any water left in it freezes. What can be done to prevent this (other than keeping it indoors) - is it possible to blow out all the water - or put in something such as screenwasher fluid?

Any preventative ideas?

Reply to
John

Argos are selling a pressure washer (from the RAC) for about £32

Reply to
Bob Martin

store it in the garage, I dont think a normal brick built on goes below freezing normally, mines been in mine for three or four years and I dont do anything special with it

Reply to
Kevin

Just keep it in the wardrobe and put some of the Mrs' shoes in the garage. They won't be harmed by freezing.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

with my Kew pressure washer it just tells you to disconnect the water supply and run it until it's empty.

Reply to
Angela

Worst case scenario is to leave the machine pressurised & it freezes - that will bugger the pump and/or hose.

When you finish using it, turn off switch, turn off water, disconnect inlet hose, squeese trigger to release pressure, remove pressure hose.

Now switch on for a few seconds to clear the pump. Won't be enough water left in the system to cause any problems.

(I sold commercial pressure washers for 25+ years in my previous life)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I venture to suggest the for some Wimmen the garage wouldn't be large enough....

Reply to
tony sayer

....but I would get fed up with being sent out to get her a pair of shoes each day.

Reply to
John

... a pair? What about the 6 pairs she has to try on to decide which goes best with her outfit?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman