Pressure Washers?

My patio is made from reclaimed Yorkstone, and I couldn't wait for the moss etc to grow a bit and make it look old. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Unfortunately none of the metrics are particularly meaningful, as they are easily manipulated or misinterpretable. Think "watts" on low end stereo systems.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Hi Alex

Induction motor Aluminium (or brass) pump, not plastic.

Pressure & flow are dependant on motor size. For a given motor if you increase one you must decrease the other.

If you really want to know, multiply pressure in bar x flow in litres per min and divide by 600. This will give you "cleaning effect" in KW to compare one machine with another.

As Christian said, all the figures are fudged anyway. "Marketing Bar" as we call it. Most often fudged is pressure.

They will qoute 120 bar for example. Reading the small print will reveal that is maximum pump pressure achieved for a fraction of a second as the machine switches off. Actual working pressure may be 90 bar.

Motor size is as good as any guide.

Dave

Reply to
Magician