Pressure washer update

I bought a cheap pressure washer from Tesco (£25)

It was predicted that it would not last. That was true. The second time I used it, it started sounding like a bag of bolts and the pressure went right down. Took it back and got a refund.

So, given that I still need one (a half cleaned patio will not do), and that I've just moved house (read skint) can anyone recommend a reasonably priced washer?

Reply to
Geoff Berrow

I got a Karcher one with a proper induction motor for about =A370 at B&Q a few months ago. I can't recall the model number off the top of my head but I could give you it tonight if you need it.

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

They have one for £65 at the moment Karcher 2020C but the website doesn't say if motor is induction.

Reply to
Geoff Berrow

As per the other thread - I don't you'll do better than the Aldi one at

74.99, next week (Sunday?) Queue early.
Reply to
jal

Hi

This is the one I have:-

out though because the picture on the website when you view the

2020C is *not* the 2020C, it's the K2.36 which doesn't have the induction motor.

If you go to store, make sure the one you pick up looks like the one in my link and not like the one on the B&W website...

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

Weight is a good test, machines with induction motors are much heavier than machines with universal motors.

Go in & lift one!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes.

Kaercher.

Then you won't waste time and money returning it to Tesco.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Aldi Sun 16th, £74.99 havn't heard of anyone complaining about it and yes it has a 2k indduction motor.

Reply to
George

That would be Karcher Andy. As in Alfred Karcher who founded the company in Winnenden in around 1947.

Karcher market crap DIY machines a well as good quality ones :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I couldn't find the A with umlaut on my keyboard, so in the absence of that, the correct approach, with an English only keyboard is to write the word in the way that it is pronounced - Kaercher - with the 'ch' being hard like in 'charisma'. It isn't Kar-cher ( with ch pronounced as in church) even if people in the UK don't know how to pronounce German correctly.

Well that may be. I bought one of the bigger ones and it works well. Their T-racer thing is great. I can clean algae off of the paths and it smells just like a trip to the seaside.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Inded not. Ker Ka is the pronuciation the huns use.

Great idea, developed by Suttner

Copied by everybody!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Prolly why lots of them have wheels on!

Reply to
John Rumm

Yeh - as I said in the other thread: look at the Aldi one, then look at the Karcher ones....

I bought an Aldi one earlier this year: thunderously better than my old B&Q one, which (as predicted by others here) stopped working after one year of very light use.

I'm saving up for the patio cleaner attachment (another 24.99).

John

Reply to
jal

Hi,

Would a metal pump be important to have, perhaps more so than an induction motor?

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

John Rumm

Thus spake Andy Hall ( snipped-for-privacy@hall.nospam) unto the assembled multitudes:

If it's truly a German name, the 'ch' would not be hard, it would be pronounced as a sort-of halfway between 'ch' as in Scottish 'loch' and English 'sh' - say English 'sh' with the body of your tongue pressed against the roof of your mouth and that's about right. 'ch' at the end of a German name or word would be as in the Scottish 'loch'.

Reply to
A.Clews

Dunno, I'm using a water pistol with an air compressor. It seems fine for my needs. Rugged and twit proof and it uses less water than a pressure washer.

Reply to
Steve Firth

In fact a whole variety of languages and dialects are spoken, the native one being Baslerdüütsch, a dialect of Swiss German (Schwiizertüütsch).

Practically, the most commonly heard language in Basel is English, mainly because of the dominance of the pharma industry on the city.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Andy Hall writes

Trottiscliffe ? A village in Kent. Pronounced by the locals as Trozli.

And, can I drag this out? Anyone able to read out loud to the end without tripping up?

Reply to
Si

I can see your aged female relative demanding a lesson on the application of partial vacuum to ova.

Reply to
Steve Firth