Pressure washer - too much pressure?

I picked up a small pressure washer at a car boot cheap, but lacking its hose etc.. We have a large one on wheels and I thought this would do for the smaller jobs. A spare hose etc. we already had for a Karcher fitted fine, but the surge on triggering the gun is blowing the connection off. It is stripping the internal thread off of the plastic nut, where the high pressure hose connects to the unit.

The motor continues to run when the trigger is released, so I'm wondering if it ought to have a pressure relief valve or a pressure switch to turn the motor off?

Other than that, it seems quite a powerful unit. It says Supawash SPW3 on a sticky label, but a Google finds nothing.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

would

Karcher

plastic

to input). This is often built into the pump casing on smaller pumps.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Andrew Mawson wrote on 06/07/2011 :

Thanks Andrew, I'll take a good look at it later this evening.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield