Pressure washer - any good?

Aldi are advertising a pressure washer on Sunday at £89.99

it has an induction motor, 3 year warranty, but no flow rate stated.

I have had a read of the DIY Wiki article on pressure washers, and understand the concept of using "cleaning effect" to measure one machine against another. But I cannot see who makes this machine to find out the flow rate.

So is it a lemon? or worth a punt?

thanks

Vernon

Reply to
Vernon

Doesn't quote pressure either, but 2.1kw should give reasonable performance.

I would guess its either Italian from someone like FAIP or Chinese maybe. Not a bad price for an induction motor machine. Karcher K3 series and above have induction motors & cost a great deal more.

Got a three year warranty.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Done a lot of googling and it looks like it is made for "powercraft" by Karcher, so presumably it is one of their K3 series washers, might try and get one tomorrow.

Reply to
Vernon

Vernon coughed up some electrons that declared:

*wibble*

More machines must have machines...

Reply to
Tim S

I got one about 18 months ago. It is at least as good as my son's £200

4-year-old Kärcher.

Label says p = 12 MPa, p max = 15 MPa. Made by CleanWorld of Königheim

Reply to
Bob Martin

Any views on the patio and wall cleaning head. Claims to fit most 'major brand jet washers' Anyone know how universal this is. This could be read as "fits most Karcher jet washers" as Karcher is a major brand. I have a Bosch pressure washer however. Tia Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

If you are going to make an accessory for a power washer, you make it to fit Karcher, they are the leading brand.

The Bosch is badge enginered, I'd guess again by FAIP.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

i bought a universal patio cleaning attatchment from B&Q&Q some more a few years ago, half the price of the karcher one,

it came with a set of adaptors you screwed to the end of the handle to suit your particular pressure washer, i have a karcher so used that bit, but there were at least 3 other adaptors, tho the list showed that even the karcher one fitted a few other makes of machine,

as for the tool, brilliant, does what it's supposed to, no splashing you as you work, it's very simple how it works, a rotating bar with 2 angled nozzles so the water pressure spins it around, housed high enough up in the housing so the spray stays contained.

one thing i found tho, whilst it took years for the patio to go green enough to warrent the purchase of the tool, i have to re-clean the patio every year now, guess i could put some sort of sealer down, but i actually like seeing the patio transformed from a green slippery mess to a nice new look as you push the tool around,

Reply to
gazz

Tha Patio cleaner DOES fit the Karcher. I was impressed by it, and it was more than half the price of the branded one!

Reply to
SantaUK

Santa, Thanks for the feedback Did it come with a range of adaptors like the one Gazz bought or just a single karcher fitting?

TIA

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

If I remember rightly, there were no other fittings, only extensions. And there was a small valve you had to fit, came with two, one for a lower pressure jetwash and another for a higher pressure jetwash.

Reply to
SantaUK