Pressure required for shower head

Fitting a power shower. I was going to go for the 1.5 bar pump from ScrewFix:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id1893&tsG027
But when looking at shower heads like this:
http://www.bathstore.com/product_master.asp?code 880
They state they need min 2 bar of pressure. The next step up @ ScrewFix is 2.5 bar but costs quite a bit more. Will I get away with the 1.5 bar?
Thanks, Rob.
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:49:19 -0000, "Rob Nicholson"

Also, the cheap Screwfix pump is not continuously rated. whereas the next one up is. Typically, non continuously rated ones are 15-20 minutes of operation - are you OK with that.?
The recommended Bathstore one gives 15lpm at 2.2 bar
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

As in not as powerful?

Well I doubt I've ever had a shower of that length :-) What happens after the 15 to 30 mins? Does it cut out on some kind of timer?
Cheers, Rob.
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:21:09 -0000, "Rob Nicholson"

Exactly.
No women in the house?

I believe that they have a thermal cutout.

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

My girlfriend occasionally :-) But she's more of a bath person, hence the reason for knocking hole in wall to make bath full size, it's a measly 5' at the moment.
As the bathroom is costing much , it's probably worth the extra for the more powerful pump. Better to do it right!
Regards, Rob.
On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:23:45 -0000, "Rob Nicholson"

quickly..... .andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I saw a picture of that set-up on the Wickes brochure I picked up today. Interesting :-)
Rob.

I did the same in my last house with a single impellor pump on the hot tap and mains pressure on the cold. Filled the bath in just over a minute.
In my new house, I have mains pressure on both hot and cold. That takes about 2 minutes.
Christian.

Probably. 2 bar seems like overkill for the showerhead shown. I would expect a panel shower to need a beefier pump, but not a fixed standard head.
OTOH, as the instructions explicitly state 2 bar, it is a risk that it won't work satisfactorily, in which case you'd have to buy the more expensive pump and have wasted money on the small one.
Christian.