Prescott plans a new disaster for house sales Christopher Booker Telegraph

Prescot has done a great job. He gets things done.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Most being inappropriate and of little or no value. Time for him to go. He's just making a fool of himself.

Reply to
Andy Hall

** snip Little Middle England garbage yet again **

Sad but true.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Alas none of them useful. He should be your hero.

Reply to
John Rumm

Chav, you are a lunatic. And you are in the Association.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh I expect he his, but trying to sprint against a load of fit young kids without warming up first is sure fire way to hurt yourself.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

..but the wrong things.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

You are making things up. Name us one? What is it, you don't like his north of England accent, and that came from a working class background? Pathetic!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Part P, HIP, 63+ houses per acre? Oh that's alright then.

Got nowt to do with him being northern. I lived in York for some years and I have a great respect for Yorkshiremen. Except him.

He's worse than useless. If he were just useless he'd do better.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

In article , Tim S writes

Not sure where he's from (North Wales ?), but he isn't from the hallowed land.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson

Most think it is.

It is. And his accent. You a pathetic Little Middle Englander. A sycophant too.

** snip brainwahed garbage **

The longest continuous economic growth in history. You have selective amnesia.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The message from Tim S contains these words:

Prescott a Yorkshireman. Don't be silly. Dribble is just confusing the issue with his "northern accent". Prescott is Welsh - born in Prestatyn and educated (after he failed the 11+) at Ellesmere Port SM (Cheshire).

He did 10 years as a steward in the merchant navy according to his biog. According to someone I met recently he was a shop steward at (or possibly sailing out of) Parkeston Quay (Harwich) so must have been a near neighbour of mine when I was a lad. IIRC the North Sea ferries had at least 3 separate crews at that time so he would have had plenty of spare time to cause trouble even then.

Reply to
Roger

"Roger" wrote overt and shameless Rogerness in message news: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.zetnet.co.uk...

And all this is to discredit him. The good old petty snobbery Brits. Oh he didn't come from a family with money so can't have brains. How pathetic. BTW, he also spent time at a snot uni called Oxford.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Goes to show how pathetic the 11 plus is then. And this abomination is still going!!!! Prescot gained a degree in economics and economic history and attended Ruskin College, Oxford and the University of Hull.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I don't think that his bio discredits him... do you?

The fact that he is an obnoxious git on the other hand does.

Like as demonstrated by John "concrete over the south east" Prescott - yes I am with you on that one.

Reply to
John Rumm

He is not obnoxious at all, he just doesn't have the accent you like or aspire to because it is a north of England accent, or an accent you sycophantically look up to when you hear it. He is very good at his job and doesn't take any crap of permanent civil servant with silly arrrrcccents.

Concrete over the south east? The Home Counties are under populated. The south each as whole only has about 7.7% of the land settled. Prescot said build high density which you should like. You appear to want open fields doing nothing and paid to be doing nothing by our taxpayers money, making rich people even richer. That is what you have. So, you should be delighted.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

LOL! Stop telling porkies.

You obviously have a bit of hang up about accents. Do people still tease you about yours?

I actually rather like many of our regional accents, and they never bother me as long as the speaker remains intelligible. Intelligibility however is something that Prescott lacks in spades - not due to his accent - but due to the steam of incomprehensible babble that spews from him.

In fact the only other person I can think of who regularly speaks so much incomprehensible clap trap, is you. Perhaps that is why you are such a fan - he speaks your language?

= an embarrassment

Still compared to some of the other deadwood we have in cabinet positions he is not alone there.

Not a fan of slums in waiting, so no. It seems few people want to live in the "affordable" (i.e. overcrowded rabbit hutch) housing he seems so keen to build, and no one is going to be able to sustain any quality of life in these houses unless he is also prepared to build the infrastructure required to support all these extra people.

Did Prescott say that? Sounds like his sort of clap trap.

Reply to
John Rumm

Your pseudo pretentious Essex Chavness is getting the best of you.

The country has one, as they judge people by their accents, particularly in the pretentious south. And you have thing about it.

I sound like James Bond.

Quaint aren't they? Bult you still look down on them, and have one of those accents on a man in charge of the country or in charge of southerners? My, oh, my.

As long as they don't tell you what to do.

That rules Essex out then.

Well you are from Essex.

** snip babbling Essex Chavness **
Reply to