Prescott...

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

Diversion; smokescreen.

*You* are the one who says Prescott has done nothing wrong. People might then see that as a reflection of your own character. Get over it.
Reply to
Mr X

Where have I said he has done nothing wrong?

But to suggest involving the law in a bit of nookie between consenting adults is going back to the dark ages. And says far more about those who suggest the law should be involved than the act itself.

It may or may not be a disciplinary matter with his employer, but that's an entirely different matter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , Dave Plowman (News) writes

Circularity. It happens to be the law. Misconduct in a Public Office is a very old common-law criminal offence. I've already commented on all the points regarding that particular topic.

Goodbye!

Reply to
Mr X

On Sat, 13 May 2006 09:58:15 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" had this to say:

His employer being...?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Then it's about time it was repealed or forgotten, like dunking witches in the village pond.

And the same to you. Now f*ck off back to where you came from.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

'Tone' in the first place - he does the hiring and firing.

But Parliament at the end of the day.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

technically not, The Queen appoints her Ministers and Secretaries of State etc...

Parliament does not employ ministers. They cannot appoint or remove them as such.

FR

Reply to
Flying Rat

Concur; all the government ministers (the payroll vote) receive money for salary off the Paymaster General with the authority of the Crown. Such ministers as are Members of Parliament elected to the House of Commons forgo part of their MP's salary. The money that two-Jags is receiving is from the Paymaster General which he receives from the Treasury, who receives it off HMCR ... who receives it off .... us! 'Tone' has promised Prescott that he will receive his perks, pay and pension, so two-Jags will laugh all the way to the bank ... and the Revenue would like us all to form an orderly queue as we continue to pay for him.

The question remains (unanswered) why?

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Probably to give Brown the pleasure of sacking him?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You honestly think Gordon will ever get to number ten? For a couple of weeks maybe.. There is a shitload of economic trouble boiling up: Gordon can't escape it...by the time he's in the frame, his name will be mud.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You've been made to look like a loud mouthed buffoon (not that was difficult) so perhaps you will do us all a favour and adopt your own advice about 'f..ing off'. Please take Drivel with you when you go.

Recent records (prosecutions) indicate it is not lawful for the lower levels of public servants to misbehave ( engage in sex in this case) while on duty. However provided you are a member of the 'upper' echelon in public service similar behavior becomes permissible, at least to the extent of not being prosecuted. Why this inequality is so vigorously defended by many contributors in this thread I find curious. Perhaps an explanation is the UK is such a class ridden society.

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

Are you under the delusion that we are all playing 'Just A Minute' here?

marc

Reply to
marc_CH

That rumour has been around for what - 10 years?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Glad to have been of service.

Who he?

If you don't like anyone on here just killfile them and don't make yourself look such a self righteous prat.

There are plenty of more suitable groups to wallow in the moral decline of the country if that's what floats your boat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If Johnny has a shag that is his business, and his alone. I bet you peep into the cars on lovers lanes, don't you? More interested in other people shagging.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You just made that up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

He hasn't made a laughing stock at all. All he did was have a shag, which is his business. It is Little Middle Englanders who want top know about the shagging.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes you are right, to be fair he was a laughing stock long before this episode.

You can probably understand that since it is little middle england that is paying the best part of 600K / year to allow him this priviledge. Still nice work if you can get it I suppose.

Reply to
John Rumm

It is not their business if he has a shag.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Not at all. Johnny having a shag with a consenting shagger is not our business. The minds of Little Middle England. I don't know.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel