Pre recorded audio gift cards

Hi, wonder if anyone has come across these audio players?

had one delivered as part of a Christmas gift and it has a USB connector on the side, the PC sees it and loaded drivers for it but I can't communicate with. Seems a pity not to make use of it so I was thinking of recording my own audio on it.

Presumably requires bespoke software. Any one any ideas??

Reply to
Bill

Bill,

Sounds like an interesting device, but your link just takes me to an almost-blank page (a logo and nothing else). Bert

Reply to
Bert Coules

In message , Bert Coules writes

'tis interesting, quite good audio too. The link should show an image of the device, pic of a monkey, white triangle play button on a red background. That is about all of the info on it.

the web site selling them, but not much detail.

Reply to
Bill

Sounds interesting indeed, especially if it's cheap and is something that the manufacturer considers a one-time use thing.

If you have a Linux box, plug it in and run 'dmesg' and 'lsusb' on it a few seconds after you plugged it in. See if the system recognizes it by some other name or at least get the USB device/manufacturer code that may help in googling for further info on hacking the device. If it's popular enough, it's almost a given that someone had already played with it and posted something on the Net. You just need the hardware information that the devices sends to the USB host in order to find it.

Reply to
DA