Pre-charged batteries

I wonder what these are best used for? I'm thinking of using them for alarms (if I can find a 9v version), wireless door bell and cameras. But the expert in the PC World store here told me they were useless for these purposes. (I forgot to ask him what they were good for.)

Anyone got any suggestions?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Overall I find them useful for almost anything, I suppose if have a very high power consumption device then they're not the highest capacity.

They're well suited for things which get left unused for a while, then you suddenly grab them and expect them to work without the batteries having gone flat ... camera ... torch ... etc.

Any use that has a background power requirement will probably be little different from normal NIMH.

I doubt LIDL have any left from the offer a couple of weeks ago.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Brilliant in cameras.

I wouldn't use them in things like remote controls, etc. A good alkaline will last a couple of years at negligible cost so why use an expensive rechargeable that may run down sooner and starts life at 1.2v.

Reply to
John

I doubt you would find an expert in PC World - especially amongst the staff.

Reply to
Mark

Because they work just fine, despite what some say. You just need to change them a little more often.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

They're the ideal battery type for cameras.

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Yes, I use them in remotes, wireless keyboards and mice, the only thing I've found they're bad with is the razor, but one alkaline AAA every few months isn't going to break the planet.

I've had the Sony CycleEnergy ones for a couple of years, plus a motley collection of normal NiMH ones, I purchased enough during the LIDL offer to allow replacing all except the Sony ones.

Reply to
Andy Burns

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Timothy Murphy saying something like:

Take any advice from a monkey at PC World and disregard it. I'm using LSD NiMHs for any and all purposes, no problems at all.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Tabby saying something like:

Yup. They've transformed the usefulness of the grab camera I keep in the car. I was pissed off having to remember to recharge the cells every month or two and being caught out more than once.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon