Practical Electrical Wiring and Contracting

Everything from "How Electricity Works" to "Repair Work" and "Wiring Industrial Apparatus" - Mr LC Greenwood's splendid 384 page book covers the lot.

Some of it may not be completely up to date - it seems to have been written in the 1940s. It's faded, worn, and the spine is a bit loose.

Yours free if you'd like to pick it up from near Derby, or I'd like £3 to cover the postage if you want to pay by bank transfer.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin

Hee hee, but in those days real conduit was used, not plastic rubbish.

I used to have a book my Father had called Foundations of Wireless. Lots of good down to earth stuff, all valves and stuff of course. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Back when I was at school, the Physics master brought out an old text book. Included were various projects, including how to make your own wireless transmitter. It involved sending sparks across gaps to create the signal.

Reply to
Davey

That will be the one my a certain Mr Scroggie? I have a copy somewhere purchased in my teens.

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Ah, Scroggie! :-) I have "Radio and Electronic Laboratory Handbook" by him, an excellent book.

Reply to
cl

That was my chosen 'Fuller Memorial Maths Prize' at school in my 'O' level year - very useful. Probably still got it somewhere :)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

And electricians wore ties and flat caps.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog