PP for flats

Just had double glazing fitted to my Flat by a FENSA approved installer. My Local council tell me I need PP.

PP is required for all things todo with flats.

does this sound true.

Gaz

Reply to
Garry

Are you in a conservation area or is the building listed? Otherwise PP should not be required.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Neither Peter....

Gaz

Reply to
Garry

Unless there is a specific condition on the original PP for the flats

dg

Reply to
dg

Very unlikely given that it is not in either. Where in the UK are you?

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Knaresbrough

North Yorkshire.

Gaz

Reply to
Garry

It's not required for a single house because it's permitted development. But for a flat it is IMO if the appearance of the building can be considered to have been altered.

In any case, the freeholder's consent will almost certainly be necessary.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Who is the freeholder? Is it the Council? If so you might need their permission but it is not planning permission.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Thanks for the replys,

The free hold is owned by the builders Wimpy.

Gaz

Reply to
Garry