Powerfix Line Laser

Coming soon to Lidl...

...but what is it? I can't make out what it's for or how you'd use it.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

It says ideal for aligning and mounting pictures, shelves, etc. That's what it's for and the 4th picturs shows someone using one.

If none of this is of any help, you obviously don't need one. Personally, I'm interested in the generator.

Reply to
charles

"Ideal for aligning and mounting pictures, shelves etc"

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So its a posh spirit level then. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

How does the suction cup, or whatever the "self-suctioning guide" is, stick to the rough brick in that picture?

Reply to
Adam Funk

I don't know either.

The explanation is very "light". For a tenner, the laser is not likely to be very bright or accurate.

Reply to
newshound

When I used to put up pictures, curtains and blind, radiators etc. for a couple of friends, I found that the best 'instrument' was my mate's wife - if it was right for her...!

Reply to
PeterC

Agreed. With any sort of "level" you need two or more reference points which are themselves level. With a spirit level you have numerous reference points along the edge(s) of the level. With a laser level you either have a beam analagous to the edge of a spirit level or individual points of light.

From the photos, it would appear all you can do with this, is drill a hole through the guide bush at one end, which is dead level (presumably) with the other end of the level.

Reply to
Moron Watch

We have a curtain across some French doors on a pole. The ceiling is not parallel to the floor, and neither are level. it's a case of fix one end and adjust the other until SWMBO says it's ok.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

For what purpose? That is an old style generator which while it is fine for running things like cement mixers on a building job and other simple things like an electric fire or a few lamps the voltage regulation on such small generators is not the best. I would not recommend it for running modern devices such as the telly ,computers or anything with some sensitive electronics in it. You want an Inverter type to do that safely.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

A reminder that the last batch of silver 'tronic' AA LSD NiMH I bought had utterly **nosedived** in capacity compared to the black or red ones from previous years, despite the label claiming they were higher capacity.

Reply to
Andy Burns

If you have a self levelling laser (which I would be surprised if this was) then you're in business.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I had that situation in their cottage: new curtain rail and pelmet to put up, ceiling, floor, top of window recess, windowsill and radiator had no commonality, so I held the backboard in place 'til she said it was OK.

Reply to
PeterC