Power Washer Connection To Mains Supply

A friend of mine is thinking of getting a power washer . She has been told that there are none that can be connected to a kitchen sink tap so that means an outdoor tap being installed which would be handier anyway so she will probably get that done but is it true that no power washer can connect to a sink tap ?? Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

there is no reason not to connect to a kitchen tap, but most of those connectors are a bit of a bodge and would be likely to spray all over the kitchen as the pressure changes very quickly when you stop spraying. Some pressure washers will pick up from a pond or similar. She should just get an outside tap though.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

No, you can connect them to any clean water source - they connect using a standard garden hose.

Having said that, it's usually easier to hook up a hose to an outside tap. Adaptors for sink taps don't work that well and tend to squirt water everywhere.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

False. I have a hozelock adaptor that fits on the end of my mixer tap and has a standard clip on hose connector nipple. I tend not to use it for power washing, although I'm sure it would work. Whether the specific adaptor would work depends on the design of your tap. However, you could always improvise something with jubilee clips.

I use mine to wash the bus with a foaming hot brush attachment. Just pop in a soap stick, turn on the hot and cold taps and I have hot foaming water out of the end. Obviously, you need a fairly meaty mains pressure hot water system for this. It also makes the hosepipe go all squashy and limp until it cools down. All the bits say max 40C, but I don't care, it works and keeps your hands warm in winter.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

No! They just require a standard hosepipe fitting. You can get adaptors to clamp onto most types of domestic tap. These will work, but a proper threaded hose tap is *better*.

Reply to
Set Square

Further to what others have said; if she doesn't want to install an outside tap, I expect she's got a washing machine tap/valve - the thread on those is the same as on a threaded outside tap, so she could fit a standard hozelock connector to that temporarily if she wanted.

David

Reply to
Lobster

In article , Christian McArdle writes

I'm not sure if it would stay on the tap, our Karcher pressure washer causes some pretty severe pressure when it stops, the whole hosepipe twitches. I haven't tried it with a push on tap adaptor but suspect it might blow off the tap.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

A hose twitches pretty badly when you turn it off. In fact, the hose probably has a greater jolt as the flow rate is higher, so there should be more hammer.

It did come off once, but I actually have more trouble with the hose connectors blowing off rather than the tap connector. I have very good static pressure on my system.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle