Power Tool to Vacuum Hose Adaptors

Is it not about time that Power Tool manfrs got their act together and made the outlets all the same size so they can be fitted to a vacuum . I have a sander ( well 2 actually) and a jigsaw and all three have differing dust outlets . I'd like to connect the sanders to my Vax but dunno how I can do it . I guess I'll need to find a piece of hose that won't collapse with the suction and cobble together some way of fitting it between sander and vacuum

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

2 cardboard collars to fit the vacuum hose and the sander outlet, use duct tape to make an airtight connection. One for each tool.
Reply to
OG

If you can make adapters for each tool to get to, say, 32mm and a similar adapter for the vac hose you could use plumbing push-fit couplers to connect up.

Reply to
John Stumbles

Heatshrink

pete

The stepped reducer down below might be useful .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

NOSPAMnet

I whinged here about this some years ago, and someone (Mr Hall IIRC) posted a link to a universal, cone-shaped(?) gizmo which did the necessary - think it may have come from Axminster? Never did get round to actually buying it though.

David

Reply to
Lobster

I did and it works a treat

fact they have pages of adaptors & stuff in the paper catalouge. If you don't have an Axminster catalouge - get one, a brilliant read. Good company to deal with as well, excellent service before & after sales.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman