Power supply for Epson scanner, it needs to be 15.2V

Someone's just given me an old Epson Perfection 1250 flatbed scanner, but there's no power supply with it. On the back of the scanner the DC input jack says: 15.2V 1.2A

On Amazon, CPC/Farnell and elsewhere I can only find 15V power supplies, not 15.2V

How critical is the voltage? Would 15V work?

Reply to
.

I'd be surprised if it was that critical, I suspect that it is more about making only their expensive supply 'compatible'.

As an example, my old Canon A80 camera is quite insistent that only the proper Canon 4.3v external supply should be used. Internally it just switches in to substitute for 4 x AA cells so anything from 4-6.5 would have been OK.

No guarantees of course....

Chris K

Reply to
Chris K

It very much depends on how well regulated the replacement is at the current used. Can you get 16 v ones?. The output voltage are seldom that accurate unless its a very well regulated supply it is replacing. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Not in the least critical. There's probably an internal regulator creating 12V. If the 15V power supply is a simple transformer and diodes, not a switch-mode, you'll probably find that the open circuit voltage is 20V.

Reply to
Dave W

Yes, but get a regulated psu.

NT